Afinia and Sihl offer innovative and functional packaging solutions for aqueous inkjet printing
With the ARTYSIO brand, Sihl presents an innovation for the production of packaging in aqueous inkjet printing for digital printers, converters, brands, and manufacturers.
Produce flexible, individualized packaging on demand. New sales concepts and product presentations open up new markets for you—high-quality, functional packaging for your products.
In cooperation with Afinia Label and digital inkjet printing technologies, Sihl has developed a unique solution that makes it possible to combine a sustainable, plastic-based material with the high-quality, environmentally friendly aqueous inkjet digital printing.
ARTYSIO packaging materials guarantee an extremely high print performance on printers such as the Afinia Label L901.
Perfect for Short-Run Digital Inkjet
Sihl’s ARTYSIO films are a revolutionary solution for digitally inkjet-printed flexible packaging with many benefits for the packaging market.
- Ideal for smaller quantities
- Perfect for variable data or widely-varying print designs
- Personalization and small-batch custom packaging, such as for event
- No waiting time on the packaging – the product determines the time to market
- Sellable goods within minutes – compared to analog printing
- Less setup – over 100 times faster than analog processes
- No storage of pre-printed packaging necessary
- Significantly lower capital commitment compared to traditionally-manufactured printed packaging
Types of Applications
FFS = Form Fill Seal = Tubing bag = V (ertical) FFS & H (horizontal) FFS
LID = Lid
SUP = Stand up pouch = Stand-up pouch
BBB = Block Bottom bag = Glued and sealed block bottom pouch
SFB = Side folded bag = Sidefold pouch
FFB = Flat folded bag = flat bottom bag
Sihl’s unique and brand new packaging films enable a wide range of packaging applications that are printable with aqueous ink jet and heat and ultrasonically sealable.
ARTYSIO films have been certified, “Made for Recycling” by the independent testing company, Interseroh. This confirms the excellent recyclability of the two polypropylene single-material packages. In the test, both products scored 20 out of 20 possible points. Applicability to the registration system, sort-ability of the packaging, suitability for mechanical recycling, and the provision of secondary products to the registration system were examined.