Memjet Printhead Best Practices
Get the most out of your high-capacity Memjet printheads by following these best practices
For the following Afinia Label equipment: L701/L801/L901 Series, CP950, FP-230, DLP-2100
Storage & Installation
- Always store right side up, as indicated by the box label
- Install PH within one year of manufacturing date
- Save the orange plastic cap from new packaging for later use
- Replace the microfiber roller with each new PH
- 1-6 days inactive: Keep printer powered on at night and weekends
- 7+ days inactive: Remove and store PH in orange plastic cap with distilled/deionized water
NOTE: With regular operation, PH nozzles remain hydrated as ink flows through the system. For this reason, heavy users get the most life out of their printheads. If you are light user, try to print every day.
In addition, regularly using as much of the print width as possible will increase the output potential of each PH. For narrow label situations, this is achieved using multiple-up labels and a slitter.
- Operating: 59°–95°F (15°–35°C); Relative humidity: 35–80%
- Storage: 23°–113°F (-5°–50°C); Relative humidity: up to 85%, non-condensing at 65
- Maintain a clean and dust-free environment
- Use media that is clean and free of dust and adhesive residue
- Perform regular maintenance — Keep printer and media path clear of paper dust and adhesive residue buildup.
- Limit air exposure — If PH nozzles will be exposed for longer than 30 seconds, remove PH from printer and store in orange plastic cap with distilled/deionized water
- Manual clean — Use distilled/deionized water and lint-free cloth. NEVER use alcohol or paper towels to wipe the PH. NEVER touch the nozzles.
- Use KWS — Keep default KWS settings and adjust—if needed—based on environment.