Category: Industry Trends
Switching from Third Party to In-House Label Printing
If you are having a third party print your labels or you are a new brand, here are a few reasons to print your own labels:
- Print as many labels as you need, when you need them.
- Need a single label or thousands? You can only do that when you print labels in-house.
- Make label changes on-the-fly as ingredients changes or governmental regulations dictate.
- The Federal government requires you to add a “Consume By” date on all of your products? No problem.
- Greatly-reduce your lead times.
- Ordering labels can take days or weeks. When you print your own labels you can have them in seconds or minutes.
- Quicker time-to-market for new products.
- Have a new product that you would like to test? Create and print the new labels, deliver your product, and beat the competition.
- Gives you the option to private-label your products for others.
- Ever have a customer ask you to put their label on your products? Now you can.
- Reduced cost per label, depending upon your volume.
- Short label runs are expensive. Not when you print in-house.
- Virtually eliminate pre-printed label inventory.
- To get the best price per label you have to order a lot of them. Sometimes, more than you need. When you print your own labels, you print only what you need.
- Vary the data, images, and/or text to create custom labels.
- Need product labels in varying amounts with different images, text, bar codes, and SKU numbers? You can do that using optional BarTender software.
- Quickly comply with major customers’ labeling requirements.
- If you sell to major retailers they probably tell you exactly how to label your products. It’s really easy to comply when you print your labels in-house.
- Single-pass label printing. No need to print variable information on labels.
- If you are buying pre-printed color labels and running them them through a thermal printer, you can do the same thing in-house, in one pass.