The 25th and 26th April 2018 saw Afinia resellers from all over the world come together for two days of learning, industry news and good fun. After the success of last year’s event which took place against the beautiful Mountain vista of Innsbruck, Austria the decision was made to hold this year’s forum in the sunnier climes of Nice, France.
The format was slightly different to the 1st event with seminars on the morning of the first and second days followed by attendees being divided into small group’s for individual workshops on the latest Afinia print equipment. There was plenty of new equipment on show including the L301, L501 (entry level printers powered by HP) and the L701, L801 and L901 printers (powered by Memjet). We also had a number of finishers present including the DLF-220L, the DLP-2100, the DLZ laser cutting unit and the world premiere of the DLF-DT, a smaller, more cost-effective label finishing system.
The seminars, which took place during the mornings of the 25th and 26th included speakers from Memjet, software companies Wasatch and Infigo, as well as inkjet material leaders Sihl and Magnum Materials.
A sumptuous three-course evening meal, with the perfect backdrop of Afinia print equipment, was kindly sponsored by HP and gave the chance for our resellers get to know one another and swap industry news.
Entertainment on the final day, sponsored by Memjet, came in the form of a highly competitive Petanque match at the castle hill overlooking the famous Promenade des Anglais.
Over the two days, much was learned and friendships strengthened all of which will elevate
Afinia and our resellers above the others in our sector. The feedback from all attendees was extremely positive and we are already looking at venues for the next forum. Below are just a few comments from the attendees:
- “The whole Afinia staff has been very helpful and professional and it was really one of the best product training we had for years.”
- “I can wait to get my hands on the first units”.
- “I find it interesting to meet other dealers to share experiences and find new possible markets.”
- “I am impressed for the professionalism and I want to congratulate your company and the people participating in it, because it was very well prepared and under my opinion, we have achieved all the objectives we had in mind.”
- “We have got updated information about technologies, products, competitors, marketing issues, new equipment, and we could take samples and examining working machines. There is a lot of information we could get in this very short time.”
- “It was a pleasure to meet with the team, they are all a breath of fresh air.”
- “The forum was informative and definitely exceeded my expectations.”